How to acquire a property in France
Nowadays, the easiest way to find a property in France is to consult the various professional real estate portals on the internet. The price shown in the ads on portals must include the agency fee (FAI) .
Once you locate the property of your dreams, you will sign a preliminary contract of sale, often a private agreement or by a ‘notaire’.
The notaire is a solicitor and by law any transaction must use their services. Notaire’s fees (to be added to the sale price) are about 7.5%.
Upon signature of this agreement, which commits buyer and seller, you will be given all diagnoses related to that property, including energy performance (or DPE), lead, asbestos , termites, electricity, gas, and ‘metrage’ if necessary.
After signing the agreement, which must be sent by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, the buyer has seven days to withdraw without charge or obligation.
Usually two months after signing the agreement (the time required to perform the notary paperwork and obtaining any loan) the signing of the final act can be realized. On signing the buyer must send the total amount of the agreed price to the notaaire by bank transfer. Then you become the owner of your property and you need firstly to insure against potential losses.
3D take care of the administrative process and translators will be there to advise you on every step of the transaction.
Our services for buyers:
- Analysis of your needs and demands
- Financial pre-study
- Selection of properties matching your requirements
- Support and technical advice during visits
- Advice on financing
Compared to a traditional agency our concept offers an excellent service at low rates.
- View our properties in Lons le Saunier >>
- View our properties in Bletterans >>
- View our properties in Dole >>
- View our properties in Chaussin >>
- View our properties Poligny >>
- View our properties in Clairvaux-les-Lacs >>
- View our properties in Louhans >>
- View our properties in the Haut Jura >>
- View our properties in the French Riveira >>
- View our properties in Haute-Savoie >>